Episode 8: A discussion with Alderperson Chris Wery
Local issues discussed include:
The new Colburn pool project:
-Who stated the movement to build a new Colburn pool?
- Why do people believe the city would be building a larger Colburn pool from what is existing?
- How was the $1 million raised by the “Friends of Colburn Park Pool“?
- Did Trunda Lodge have a full plan for their expansion?
- Was the Trunda Lodge proposal an attempt to derail the Colburn pool project?
- Was Mayor Jim Schmitt behind the Trunda Lodge proposal?
- Why did Trunda Lodge cancel their plans?
- Will the Trunda Lodge proposal come back?
- How long will it take to have a more detailed estimate of the cost of the new pool?
- Show any of the Lambeau Field sales tax funds go towards Colburn Pool?
- Should any of the City of Green Bay tax surplus go towards Colburn Pool?
- How much of the Lambeau Field sales tax funds does Alderperson Wery want to go towards Colburn Pool?
- Will Colburn Pool have the economic impact estimated for the City of Green Bay?
- Will the Village of Ashwaubenon benefit more than the City of Green Bay if a new Colburn Pool is built?
- What will be the maintenance and staffing cost for Colburn Pool?
- Do we need a Colburn Pool when we have Joannes and Resch Aquatic Center?
- Would Alderperson Wery support the building of a smaller pool?
- Will there be a “high dive” at Colburn Pool?
- Does Alderperson Wery have the votes on the city Council to approve the building of an Olympic size pool?
- Do we need an Olympic sized pool?
- Should the swim season be expanded?
- Who not enclose Colburn Pool?
- Do most people actually use Colburn Pool?
- Can you have swim meets with a 25 meter pool?
- Are 25 meter pools mainly used for winter meets?
Lambeau Field sales tax funds:
- Should the funds be given back as a property tax refund?
- Should the funds be used for road repairs?
- Should the funds be used for Colburn Pool?
- Why does the stage get to direct how the funds can be used?
- Should the funds be used to fund local businesses using Elliot's “Shark Tank” style idea?
- What plan does the City Council have to decide how to spend the remaining funds?
Local Roads in Disrepair:
- Why has money from the City of Green Bay tax surplus not gone to fixing roads in disrepair?
- How are are road repairs funded in the City of Green Bay?
- Should we change the way we fund road repairs?
- How do other local communities fund road repairs?
These show notes may contain links to products or services with which we have an affiliate relationship. We may receive a commission or bonuses from your actions on such links