Episode 14: A discussion with Scott Furlong
Issues Discussed in this Episode Include:
Gun Control Laws:
- Did the NRA put a stop to the current gun control bills?
- Where the votes all party line votes?
- Where the gun control bills "extreme"?
- Did the Democrats believe the bills would pass?
- Does the NRA support limiting gun purchases for person on terror watch lists?
- How many people are on terror watch lists?
- Will it take change of the balance of power in the Senate before any gun control laws are passed?
- Are gun control bills more likely to pass in the House or Senate?
- Are many of the weapons available for purchase necessary?
- Should there be any restrictions on gun ownership?
- Has the Bill of Rights become outdated?
- Why where anti-terrorism laws passed so quickly while gun control laws are not?
- Is it the governments job to solve gun issues?
- Why were no gun control laws passed after the Sandy Hook shooting?
- Are most people in near agreement on gun control issues?
Rights and Security Issues- Why did Apple refuse to unlock the San Bernardino shooter's iPhone?
- Should the government have access to a person's locked cell phone?
- How do individual rights effect security issues?
- Is having to walk thru security checkpoints at the air port or public spaces such as football stadiums against privacy rights?
- Is the TSA effective?
- Why did Bernie Sanders raise more money than Donald Trump in May, 2016?
- Why has so little fundraising happened for Donald Trump?
- Is the Republican party not fundraising for Donald Trump?
- Why is Apple's CEO Tim Cook fundraising for Paul Ryan?
- Do supporters not want to donate to Donald Trump because they feel he has enough money?
- Why was the California primary called so early?
- Was there voter fraud and suppression in California?
- Should there be rules that govern political parties manage primaries?
- Should the Democratic party have Superdelegates?
- Do political parties have less power today then they did in the past?
- Was the mainstream media fair to Bernie Sanders?
- Who will win the presidency?
- Will Bernie Sanders supporters vote for Hillary Clinton?
These show notes may contain links to products or services with which we have an affiliate relationship. We may receive a commission or bonuses from your actions on such links