Episode 26: A discussion with Alex Galt
Local Topics Discussed Include:
- What is it like running for an office?
- How active is the average person in politics?
- Who won the county board election that Alex ran in?
- Who currently holds that seat?
- How long does it take someone to know if they are going to move?
- Did Tom Caters know he was gong to move during the campign?
- Should we have held a special election to decide who would take the empty seat?
- Are emails about this event part of the public record?
- Have seats been filled this way before?
- Should Tom Caters have communicated with the public?
- What are the pros and cons of a special election?
- Should more of this information be public knowledge?
- Should local elections be partisan?
National Topics Discussed Include:
- Have the major parties changed in the past few years?
- Is conversion therapy evil?
- Are Republicans guided by fear?
- Should politicians do their own research?
- Are messages of fear intentionally spread by the Republican party?
- Do Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump have similar platforms?
These show notes may contain links to products or services with which we have an affiliate relationship. We may receive a commission or bonuses from your actions on such links