Episode 30: A discussion with Thomas De Wane
Topics Discussed Include:
- How much money from the stadium tax refund is left undecided for?
- What criteria are there for spending the money?
- What process will the council use to decide how to spend the money?
- Where did the criteria come from?
- What will be the process if the money is allocated to economic development?
- Will the finance committee filter out suggestions?
- Will two million dollars be returned by taxpayers?
- Will people who own multiple properties receive several tax refunds?
- Does Tom expect the tax refund to pass?
- Is paying only homeowners unfair to renters?
- Which alderpersons will be attending the finance meeting?
- Should we have a wheel tax?
- Do some infrastructure issues get ignored year after year?
- Are all of our infrastructure problems because of the mayor?
- Is Tom going to run for mayor?
- Did Tom lose the previous mayoral race due to finances?
- Does Green Bay have to many abandoned buildings?
- Do we need to refocus the city from downtown or the stadium district?
- Will the proposed stadium be a multi venue stadium?
- Should the Green Bay Bullfrogs be considered renters?
- Do we need to grow other businesses around the stadium to have it succeed?
- Who needs to bring up a new proposal?
- What is going to be done with our old stadium?
- If we bring in more businesses will the stadium proposal succeed at council?
- Should we look at stadiums in other cities near us to see if this is a good investment?
- Should we be concerned that Big Top wanted some of Green Bay's stadium tax money?
- Where can Tom be reached?
- What does it mean for a Alder person to be available 24/7
These show notes may contain links to products or services with which we have an affiliate relationship. We may receive a commission or bonuses from your actions on such links