Episode 28: A discussion with Andrew Smith
Topics Discussed Include:
- What is the difference between a Chief of Police and a Police Commissioner?
- How long has Chief Smith been in Green Bay?
- How long was Chief Smith in Los Angeles?
- What events from Chief Smith's time in Los Angeles can we learn from?
- Are people in Wisconsin nicer than people in L.A.?
- Why did Chief Smith come to Green Bay?
- Has Green Bay changed for better or for worse?
- When was the first African American hired on to the Green Bay Police Force?
- What is the Green Bay Police Department doing to reduce the fear of police officers?
- How does the police department match the demographics of Green Bay?
- Are people opening up to police officers?
- What is the Divine Temple?
- What community activities are the police department involved in?
- Who in the community is engaged at these events?
- How did Chief Smith react to the Black Lives Matters protests?
- Do we have any police officers that have not fulfilled their duties?
- Has Chief Smith had to let any officers go?
- Have police officers become more responsible in the past 30 years?
- Should police officers be equipped with body cameras?
- How much will footage storage cost?
- Does the city of L.A. have body cams?
- Can body cameras be used to protect police officers?
- Is it a bad time to be a police officer?
- Should traffic stops be less hostile on both sides?
- How selective is the Green Bay Police Department when hiring new officers?
These show notes may contain links to products or services with which we have an affiliate relationship. We may receive a commission or bonuses from your actions on such links