Episode 31: A discussion with Chuck Rybak
Topics Discussed Include:
- What is going on in education right now?
- What is Chuck's blog?
- How important is funding in the University of Wisconsin system?
- How important is Governor Scott Walker in the UW system?
- Who is President Cross?
- Did Republicans support giving more consistent funding to the UW system?
- What are some of the arguments against a public authority?
- Did legislators not want to give up control of the UW system?
- What conflict have come up with funding in the past?
- Who should be responsible for changes to the UW system?
- What is tenure?
- Who reviews UW faculty?
- How should we encourage people to be a part of the UW system?
- How does a job in the UW system compare to a typical job?
- Are faculty members used as scapegoats?
- How do people fight against budget cuts?
- Do faculty members have a leader?
- What is a No Confidence motion and what does it mean?
- Are rules about who can be fired from the UW system too open ended?
- Do we need to have classes that are more focused on STEM?
- Are new classes and programs a supplement for job training?
- Do we need to move education towards digital humanities?
- Are professors taxpayers?
- Is the UW system an integral part of the community?
- What is Chuck's blog about?
These show notes may contain links to products or services with which we have an affiliate relationship. We may receive a commission or bonuses from your actions on such links